Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Tail of Two Towers

A little over a month ago, I ordered a cat tower for the gang from my favorite online shopping spot Amazon.com.  As usual, it arrived promptly and I immediately assembled it.  Aphrodite, who is probably our most gregarious feline, immediately claimed it as hers.  I shot a photo of her antics and posted it on Facebook for my friends to enjoy.  Shortly after it posted, a FB friend Regan Smith asked if I wanted another cat tower, to which I enthusiastically replied yes.  She and her husband Rodney brought it over the following Sunday and we put it right next to the much smaller one (it’s pretty big) I had purchased.  It immediately became Aphrodite’s favorite. 

For the next few weeks, it was completely monopolized by Aphrodite who amazed us with gymnastic feats keeping us both amused and entertained.  December brought with it the necessity to put up our Christmas tree which always means a bit of furniture relocation. That entailed moving the smaller tower to the other side of the room, thus separating the two towers.  Interestingly, Athena immediately took an interest in the large tower and has been doing her best to outdo Aphrodite with her acrobatics.  I guess when we watch the two of them in hyper-drive, I have to ponder whether we are Crazy Cat People or simply people who enjoy crazy cats. 


1 comment: